Reset Linksys Router
Forgot the Linksys admin login password? The reset process comes to the rescue as Linksys router does not support the password recovery feature. In other instances, you may need to reset Linksys router to fix the connectivity issues during troubleshooting. Fixing a faulty configuration may also need a reset. So, you may need to reset the Linksys router for various reasons. By resetting your Linksys router, you wipe out all the settings and data that you have customized on the router.
After resetting, the Linksys router will be as good as new. By saying so, we do not mean that the device will literally become a new one, but of course, it will have the default settings restored to it. Do you know how to reset Linksys router? No? Read further to know about the reset process.
How to Reset Linksys Router?
There are two ways in which you can reset Linksys router:
- Manual Reset
- Software Reset
Reset Linksys Router: Manual Method
You can also name it as hard reset method. This method is as simple as pressing a single button. Here is how to reset Linksys router using the hard reset method:
- Linksys router comes with a button named Reset. Locate it on your router.
- Found it? Great! Press it now.
That’s it! You are done resetting your Linksys router. All the personalized settings are deleted from it and default settings have been restored. To begin accessing its network, now again you need to configure it. Now, you know how to reset Linksys router using the hard reset method. Let us get to the next method.
Reset Linksys Router: Software Method
This is also referred to as the soft reset method. Read the below section to know how to reset Linksys router using a web-based interface:
- First of all, power up your Linksys router by plugging it into an active power socket. As soon as the LEDs are settled, you can be sure that it is booted up completely. Now proceed to the next step.
- Now gain access to your computer or a laptop and power it up as well.
- It is now time to visit the Linksys router admin page. For this, you need to launch an internet browser. You can go for any browser of your choice.
- Point your mouse cursor to the URL bar of the browser and type www.myrouter.local carefully. Any typing errors should be avoided to avoid landing on some other web page. Also, refrain from entering the web address into the search bar of the browser for the same reason mentioned earlier.
- Hitting on the Enter key will take you to the Linksys router login window.
Note: You can also use Linksys router default IP address to access the admin login page.
- Now, input the admin credentials to log into your Linksys router.
- Click on the Login button.
- Now, you will be navigated to the Linksys router dashboard.
- Click on the Administration tab here.
- Next, select the Factory Defaults option.
- Finally, click on the Reset button.
This is all about how to reset Linksys router using the software reset method. As soon as you are done resetting your Linksys router, you will need to configure it again. If you are wondering how to configure your Linksys router, then know that the entire information is provided on this website.
For your information, while setting up your Linksys router now, you need to access the Linksys router setup page using the default login credentials.
Troubleshooting Linksys Router Reset Issues
Although it is easy to Reset Linksys Router, users often get stuck during the process. If you also face any issues while resetting your Linksys router, use the below-given tips to eliminate anything that is stopping you from getting through the process.
- Make sure that you are pressing the Reset button only during the hard reset method.
- While following any method to reset Linksys router, it is essential that the router should be powered up. Apart from this, ensure using a well-working power socket to plug in the router.
- In the software method of how to reset Linksys router, using an updated web browser is important.
- Another possible fix is to clear out the cache, cookies, and browsing history from the browser before you begin to reset Linksys router.
- If you have forgotten the Linksys router login password, then you cannot opt for the soft reset method. In that case, using the hard reset method is the only choice you got.
This is all about how to reset Linksys router. Under any circumstances, if you are unable to complete the reset process or need any assistance to set up your Linksys router, consider taking personalized help from our tech experts. They will be more than happy to help you.