How to Setup Linksys Velop?
Linksys Velop is the best WiFi device when it comes to enjoying internet without any lag. However, to make the most of it, you first need to do Linksys Velop Setup. Want to know how to setup ? On this page, we are going to shed light on various methods explaining how to setup Linksys Velop in a matter of minutes. Here we go.
How to Setup Linksys Velop Using App?
A Linksys Velop can be configured either using the Linksys app or with the help of the manual method. Let’s first jot down the steps explaining how to setup Linksys Velop using Linksys app.
- First and foremost, connect your Linksys Velop to your existing modem or modem router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Next, plug in the parent node of your Linksys Velop to a wall outlet and turn on the device.
- Let the Led light on your Velop turn blue.
- Once done, get access to your smartphone and head towards the app store.
- In the Search bar, type Linksys app.
- Located? Great!
- Download the app on your device and make sure you install the latest version.
- After completing the downloading process, launch the app.
- You will be asked to enter your Linksys Velop login details.
- Fill the necessary details into the given fields and tap Log In.
- Linksys router setup interface will appear.
- Reaching there, various prompts will be given by the app.
- So, follow all the prompts the same as given and complete the Linksys Velop setup process.
This is all about how to setup Linksys Velop using the Linksys app.
At times, users are unable to complete the Linksys Velop setup process with the help of the Linksys app. This can happen due to various reasons like Linksys app can’t connect to Velop, Linksys app is unable to find the modem, Linksys app is not allowing to change WiFi name and password, an error occurred while changing the WiFi name, etc.
If you are also encountering any of such issues and are not getting success with the Linksys router setup process using the Linksys app, then head towards the next section and learn how to setup Linksys Velop manually using the parent node’s web interface.
How to Setup Linksys Velop using Manual Method?
If you are looking to set up your Linksys Velop using the web interface of your parent node, then here are the steps you need to follow:
- Close the Linksys app.
- Connect your modem or modem router to the Linksys Velop parent node with the help of an Ethernet cable. Make sure the cable is in working condition.
- Once done, power up the parent node by plugging it into a working wall outlet.
- Wait till you find the light on your node has turned solid blue.
- Now, get access to your computer and open a web browser on it.
- In the address bar of your browser, type the IP address of your parent node.
- Hit the Enter key.
- A dialogue box will appear naming Linksys Velop Whole Home Wi-Fi.
- Navigate to the bottom of the box and select the Click here option.
- You will then be asked to enter the Linksys Velop Login password.
- So, fill in the same and click Sign In.
- Completion of this step will take you to the dashboard of your Linksys Velop.
- Reaching here, click the CA link that can be found at the bottom of the dashboard.
- Next, navigate to Router Settings and click Connectivity.
- As soon as you find the parent node of your Linksys Velop has turned online, proceed further by going to the Linksys Velop Setup option.
- Now, enter the SSID and password of your Linksys Velop and click Setup Node.
Here ends the guide on how to setup Linksys Velop using the manual method.
If you want to add more nodes to the network of your Linksys for flawless internet connectivity in all areas of your home, then place the child nodes near the parent node after turning them on and then click the Add Wireless Child Nodes option.
As soon as you find the light on your nodes has turned solid blue, click the Done Adding Child Nodes option and hit Apply to allow the changes come into effect.
Although setting up a Linksys Velop is not rocket science, just in case you find yourself stuck with the Linksys Velop setup process, ask our technical experts to help you make your device operational. Contact Now!
How to Reset Linksys Velop Node to Factory Defaults?
At times, users face issues while doing Linksys Velop login. This can be due to improper configuration of your Linksys Velop or you might have forgotten the password of your Velop. To get rid of this problem, all you can do is reset Linksys Velop node to the default factory settings. Here’s how to execute the process:
- Check if your Linksys Velop node is connected to a working power outlet and is turned on.
- Now locate the Reset button on your Velop Linksys.
Note: The location of the Reset button may differ as per the Linksys Velop model you are making use of. Thus, make sure to check all the sides of your device.
- Press the button and release it after a few seconds.
- This is how you can reset your Linksys Velop parent node.
- Now, follow the same steps to reset the child nodes of your Velop Linksys network.
This is how you can complete the Linksys Velop reset process. Now, again execute the Linksys Velop setup process to make your device up and running.
For Linksys Velop setup, you can refer to the section on how to setup Linksys Velop given above on this page. Just in case you need expert assistance for setting up your Linksys Velop, feel free to contact our technical experts at any hour of the day.
How to Add Secondary Nodes to Linksys Velop Device?
Are you wondering how you can add secondary nodes to the Linksys Velop device? Is that a yes, we, see? Well, in that case, it is recommended that you walk through the information that we have mentioned in this section. You will surely find it useful.
Steps to Add Secondary Nodes to Linksys Velop
- Ensure that your primary router is plugged into an active power socket and turned on, showing a strong blue light on the top.
- Unlock your mobile phone.
- Open the Linksys application.
- Download the Linksys app once if you have not already done so.
- Tap on Sign In.
- Thereafter, tap on the "Utilization Administrator Secret key" tab.
- Enter the administrator secret key.
- For your information, the default secret key is equivalent to the arrangement Wi-Fi secret key on the sticker under your device.
- Tap on Set Up Another Node.
- Once done, tap on Add Nodes.
- You might be incited to turn ON your Bluetooth. Bluetooth is utilized for arrangement purposes as it were. For Android™ devices, tap YES to turn ON Bluetooth consequently. For iOS devices, you might have to physically turn on Bluetooth. In any case, continue to the following stage.
- For some Android devices, you might be provoked to turn ON the area access for Bluetooth arrangement purposes as it were. You should turn ON the area admittance to finish arrangement of an extra switch.
- The application clears up how for place extra routers. Tap Next.
- Gather every one of the things displayed on the screen. Tap Next once prepared.
- Plug in the device into an electrical plug then, at that point, tap Next.
- Hang tight for the light on top of your router to turn strong purple. It will squint blue while firing up. Tap The light is purple.
- The application will search for your router.
- When your router has been found, tap on the Following button.
- Stand by while the router is being added to your Velop framework.
- The application will tell you whether you set the switch in a decent spot. Assuming you are excessively near different switches or excessively far away, the application will recommend moving it. Tap Next.
- Subsequent to setting your router in a decent spot, give the router a name.
- That is all there is to it. Tap Next.
- After arrangement is finished, the router will go through a firmware check. In the event that another firmware is accessible, it will update naturally. Any other way, arrangement will proceed and will provoke you to sign in to the application dashboard.
- You have now added a node to your current Velop network.
With this, you will be able to easily add secondary node to your Linksys Velop device. Hopefully, this process was easy for you to execute. On the off chance, you find it a little difficult to understand and execute, it is recommended that you get in touch with our technical experts.
We know what you worried about. You are thinking about the right time at which you should contact them isn’t it? Well, know that you can do so at any given hour of the day as our experts are available 24/7 for you and many others like you. Thus, wait no more and contact our technical experts already.
How to Change WiFi Settings of Linksys Velop Tri-band System?
If you want to personalize the WiFi settings of your Linksys Velop tri-band system, then below are the steps you need to follow for getting the job done:
- Connect your Linksys Velop to your existing modem or modem router.
- Using the app or web GUI, access the Linksys Velop login page.
- Enter your login details to access the Velop Linksys dashboard.
- Once there, navigate to the Menu icon and select WiFi Settings.
- Certain fields will reveal on your screen.
- Make changes to the field of your choice and hit Save to make the changes come into effect.
This is how you can personalize or change the WiFi settings of your Linksys Velop tri-band system. FYI, you can view or change details of your Linksys Velop tri-band system, set up a guest network, run a speed test, enable parental controls, and do a lot more.
Linksys Velop Review
Linksys Velop is a great WiFi device for users who want to enjoy blazing internet speed throughout their homes. However, some users find it bit pricey for the results it delivers. Here, in this Linksys Velop review section, we’re going to explain various pros and cons of the mesh router system so that you can decide on whether to make Linksys Velop a part of your home or not.
Linksys Velop Review – An Overview
Linksys Velop mesh system is able to make your large home a WiFi playground. It offers a decent WiFi range to all areas of your home and unmatched extendibility when it comes to adding more nodes to the network. Best of all, Linksys Velop is easy to install and manage.
Linksys Velop Review – Specifications
Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system offers great WiFi technology. It supports the MU-MIMO feature all well. Letting users switch between various bands as it supports simultaneous tri-band (2.4Ghz, 5Ghz, and 5Ghz). Besides, it hosts 6x internal antennas along with high-powered amplifiers. Powered by 716 MHz Quad Core processor and WPA2 personal security feature, it makes internet surfing a breeze.
Linksys Velop Review – Setup and Features
Like other Linksys WiFi devices, you can make the Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system up and running using the mobile app. All you need to do is: install the Linksys app on your smartphone and follow the on-screen instructions to make things happen. Furthermore, the Linksys Velop is a feature-rich mesh WiFi system and meets the needs of most users in terms of its app-based utility.
Linksys Velop Review – Design
Linksys selected a taller view of new Velop nodes when it comes to design. Ditching the ordinary wider look, the nodes flaunt matt white solid plastic on one side and boasts of peppered with holes on the other side. Owning nearly eight-inch height, the Velop nodes are dedicated to offering WiFi connectivity in a variety of locations. The three nodes of the Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system are blending fine with the décor of your home along with giving perfect WiFi coverage.
Linksys Velop Review – Performance
We tested the Velop mesh WiFi system for some time and had not faced any issues with the Linksys Velop setup to date. We even tried streaming videos and playing online games, still full-speed internet access was there. It can be said that solid performance and range is all the WiFi system offers.
Linksys Velop Review – Cost
The mesh WiFi system is expensive although, it fulfills your internet needs. Even after the testing of a few weeks, the mesh router has performed well and no issues were experienced. Rated costly by many users, the Linksys Velop is still widely in-line when compared to other similar solutions from other brands.
Linksys Velop Review – Bottom Line
All in all, Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system delivers good performance. Compared to other leaders in the market, the only downside that Velop shows is that it lacks malware protection and is costly for many. If you want to enjoy better WiFi coverage in all areas of your home, the Linksys Velop mesh WiFi system is a go-to option.