How to Setup Linksys Router?
Linksys wireless router setup can be done using different methods. You can set up your Linksys router either using the Manual Method or via WPS. The steps listed below will help you learn how to setup Linksys router.
Linksys Wireless Router Setup using Manual Method
- Unwrap your Linksys router and connect its available antennas (if available). Once done, you can start with the process of Linksys wireless router setup.
- Power up your Linksys router by plugging its power socket into a working power outlet.
- Connect the device to your existing modem wirelessly.
- Thereafter, you would need a virus-free computer to execute the further Linksys WiFi router setup process.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Now, you need to type the Linksys router setup default password into its respective field.
- After you fill in the Linksys router admin details, click the Log In button.
- With that, you will land on the graphical user interface of your Linksys router.
- Thereafter, a number of on-screen instructions will display on your computer’s screen making you learn about how to setup Linksys router.
Follow all the instructions as they are and complete the Linksys wireless router setup using the manual method.
This is how you can do Linksys router setup in no time. If you face any issues while doing the Linksys wireless router setup, feel free to contact our technical experts for quick assistance.
How to Setup Linksys Router Using WPS Method?
You can also configure your Linksys using the WPS method. For this, however, your modem must also support the WPS button. Here’s how to execute the Linksys router setup process with the help of a push button:
- Plug in your Linksys router to a wall socket.
Note: While doing the Linksys router setup, you are advised to keep it closer to your existing modem. Later, you can change the location of your device as per your need.
- Turn on the power button and let the LED lights on your Linksys turn stable.
- Now, locate and press the WPS button on your Linksys router.
- You then need to find and hit the WPS button on your modem.
- Let both your devices get synced.
- Now, login to Linksys router and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Linksys wireless router setup using the WPS method.
- Now as you have completed the Linksys wireless router setup process, you can now tweak its settings as per your need.
Although doing Linksys router setup is not rocket science, still some users get stuck with the process. If you are also encountering issues while doing Linksys wireless router setup and looking for a workaround to fix the issue, contact our experts at any hour of the day.
Best Location for Linksys Wireless Router Setup
You can get success with the Linksys wireless router setup by following a few tips given below:
1. Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
While locating your Linksys router, make sure to keep it far from the reach of devices causing WiFi interference. To name a few keep your Linksys router away from baby monitors, cellular phones, microwave ovens, refrigerators, Bluetooth speakers, and other WiFi devices. The closeness of these devices to your Linksys can disrupt the signals of your device and hamper the process of Linksys Wireless router setup. To prevent your Linksys router from such trouble, it is suggested to keep all these devices away from the reach of your router as well as modem.
2. Reflexive Objects Can Also Cause Issues
Closeness of your Linksys router to reflexive objects like mirrors and glasses can also create Linksys wireless router setup issues. Therefore, keep in mind to place your Linksys router away from such things.
3. Choose a Central Location
If you have located your Linksys device in a corner, under a table, or inside a cabinet then also you may face Linksys router setup issue. Ideally, you should place your Linksys router in the central area of your home. Apart from that, make sure the area you have chosen for your Linksys router is in the range of your existing modem.
4. Mount Linksys Router on a Wall
It is recommended to place Linksys router not too close to the floor or ceiling. The best way to sort out the problem is, mount your Linksys router on a wall in a mid-way.
By following all these tips, you will be able to get success with the Linksys wireless router setup process. If still something is not going in your favor and you need expert advice, without any delay contact our technical experts. Our team is available 24x7 to help you fix Linksys router setup and login issues.
How to Change Linksys Router WiFi Password?
Want to change the default WiFi password (network key) of your Linksys router? Walk through the steps given below and get success with the process of changing Linksys router WiFi password:
- Confirm if your Linksys router is plugged into a functioning wall socket and the power LED on it is glowing green.
- Open an internet browser on your PC. Take into account to open a web browser that is of the latest version as well as is free of browser cache and cookies.
- Type Linksys router web address in the URL field and press the Enter key.
- As soon as you are done with the process, you will find yourself on the Linksys router login page.
- Now you need to fill the Linksys Router default password into the field given.
- After filling the desired information into its particular field, click Log In.
- The web GUI of your Linksys will come into view.
- Now, find the way to Settings > Advanced.
- Under the Wireless tab, find the Password option.
- Choose it; you will be asked to type the new Linksys router WiFi password.
- So, enter the necessary details.
- Bonus: While changing the Linksys router default WiFi password, make sure you add special characters, digits, and alphabets to it. In addition, evade using personal details as the wireless network password.
- Click Apply to let the Linksys router WiFi password changes get saved.
This was all about how to change Linksys router default WiFi password. You can now access your Linksys router network using the updated password.
Common Issues During Linksys Router Setup Process
There are numerous technical problems you may face while doing Linksys router setup. Let’s give you a glimpse of all the possible issues you might come across while doing Linksys wireless router setup:
- linksyssmartwifi.com not working
- Slow WiFi access
- Firewall blocking issues
- Can’t recover Linksys router password
- Can’t change the Linksys router WiFi password
- Failure in Linksys router login
- Port forwarding problems
- Lost Linksys router admin credentials
- How to reset Linksys router password
- Linksys router setup issues on iPhone
If you want to get rid of all the Linksys router setup issues in a jiffy, get in touch with our expert technicians.
How to Troubleshoot Linksys Router Setup Issues?
In case you are facing trouble while setting up your Linksys router, apply some troubleshooting tips listed below to setup Linksys router in a hassle-free manner:
- Power cycle your Linksys WiFi router. If you are not known to the term, power cycle refers to turning off your Linksys router and then turning it back on after a gap of a few minutes.
- If you have enabled firewall settings on your PC, then also you may come across the Linksys wireless router setup issues. So, for the time being, disable the firewall settings on your computer and then try to setup Linksys router.
- If you are using a wireless connection to access Linksys router setup wizard, then connect your device using an Ethernet cable and see if it works for you.
- You can also use the default web address for setup instead of the Linksys router IP to get success with the setup process.
- Make sure that your Linksys router is updated with the latest firmware version. If not, update your Linksys router firmware right away.
These are some of the easy-to-execute troubleshooting tips to help you get rid of the Linksys wireless router setup issues. In case you are still struggling with the same issue, feel free to contact our highly-experienced technicians.
There are two different ways through which you can set up Linksys router. The first is using the web user interface and the second is using the Linksys application.
Setting up Linksys router via the Linksys app is not that difficult. First, you just need to download the Linksys app on your mobile device, after that, you need to create an account, and then, do Linksys router login using the Linksys default details. Despite these instructions, if you still think that there is more to learn about how to setup Linksys router via Linksys app, contact our highly-profound experts.
To ensure that you are able to set up Linksys wireless router in an easy manner, you need to have access to the following things:
- A working wall socket
- Damage-free Ethernet cable
- Updated internet browser
- Default login credentials
- Fast internet connection
- No interference zone
- And of course, the Linksys router itself
There can be a couple of reasons behind the Linksys router setup issues. Some of them have been highlighted by us here:
- Usage of incorrect web address
- Weak internet connection
- WiFi interference
- Networking devices placed too far
- Wrong login credentials used
To troubleshoot the setup issues, you just need to do one thing, i.e. contact our technical experts. Without taking much of your time, they will help you out.
You have to be really specific if you are placing your Linksys router. Placing it near cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, the signals emitted by your device will take ages to get transmitted, thus creating further issues for you. Thus, the location of your device is important when it comes to its functioning.