Linksys Extender Reset
The functionality of a wireless range extender depends on a variety of factors. Some of them are its distance from the host router, the internet speed, signal interference from other devices, the area of the home that needs network coverage, etc. If you experience certain concerns with your Linksys range extender like low internet speeds, constant buffering, or unable to access the internet, then by using some troubleshooting hacks, you can easily take care of them. However, if you face certain serious issues with the Linksys extender, like a forgotten Linksys admin password, the device keeps on hanging, or an extremely poor network on a regular basis, then you may need to do Linksys extender reset.
A Linksys range extender reset process comes in handy when you have tried every other possible remedy to fix the issue at hand but nothing helped. If you are wondering what a reset process does to the extender and how to reset Linksys extender, then keep on reading .
What Does Linksys Extender Reset Do?
As mentioned above, if you are constantly experiencing issues with your Linksys range extender lately or are not happy with its current configured settings, then you have the option to do Linksys extender reset. After the reset process, all the customized settings get erased from the device. All the configuration settings, personalized passwords, etc. also get deleted during the process. After resetting, the default factory settings get restored on the extender. That means it will be as good as a new device. Now that you know what a reset process does, let us move ahead with the procedure to reset a Linksys WiFi range extender.
How to Reset Linksys Extender?
The Linksys extender reset process can be carried out in two ways. The first one is by using a button on the extender and the second one is by accessing the Linksys extender admin dashboard. In the upcoming sections of this guide, you will find both methods in detail.
How to Reset Linksys Extender via Button?
Every Linksys wireless range extender comes with a button named Reset on it. This very button is used to reset Linksys extender to factory settings. Let us see how:
- To begin with the Linksys extender reset process, turn the extender on first. You can do this by plugging in the power adapter of the Linksys extender into an active wall electrical outlet. Make sure that there are no power fluctuations. That means the extender should be receiving a stable power supply during the reset process. In case of power outages, a UPS can come in handy. As soon as you turn the power supply on, the LEDs on the extender will begin blinking. These LEDs should settle down soon implying the device is booted up completely. Now, you can go to the next step.
- Look for the button labeled Reset on the extender now.
- Once you locate the button, press it.
This completes the Linksys extender reset process. This method, also known as hard reset method, of Linksys extender reset can be accomplished as quick as blink of an eye.
Can’t Reset Linksys Extender? Contact Our Technical Experts Now!
How to Reset Linksys Extender via Admin Dashboard?
In this method of Linksys extender reset, you need to gain access to the Linksys extender admin dashboard and then do the required changes in the settings to do Linksys extender reset. This method can also be referred to as the soft reset method. Let us now tell you how to reset Linksys extender using the web-based interface or the soft reset method:
- First things first, in this process, you need to first power up the Linksys WiFi range extender. So, do that by inserting the power cable into the wall socket and turning the power button on. Once the LEDs are stable, you can move to the next step.
- Now, fetch a computer and turn it on. In case you own a laptop, power up the laptop.
- Next, you need to fire up any available internet browser. If it is running on an older version, then consider updating it first.
- It is now time to visit the Linksys login window. This can be done by typing the login address www.extender.linksys.com in the URL bar of the browser and then hitting Enter.
- On the Linksys login window, type in the login credentials carefully.
- Clicking on the Login button will navigate you to the Linksys admin dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Administration tab and select the Factory Defaults option.
- Now click on Restore Factory Defaults and click on OK.
The Linksys extender reset is done. Now that factory settings are restored to the extender, you need to set it up again so that you can begin accessing its network again.
Want More Assistance?
This is all about how to reset Linksys extender using hard reset and soft reset methods. If you find any trouble in implementing these methods to do Linksys extender reset or need help setting up your extender, then you can take help from our technical experts at any point of time.