Linksys E1000 router is one of the top networking devices manufactured by Linksys. Along with good performance, you also get great features in it. This page will walk you through the E1000 features, specifications as well as the setup process. Thus, if you are looking to invest in a router, then this page will help you know why you should get an E1000 router by Linksys. In case you are looking for information about how to configure this router in your home, that information is also provided here.
Linksys E1000 Specs
- Standards- 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.3, 802.3u
- Antenna Gain- 1.5 dBi
- Security Features- WEP, WPA, WPA2
- Security Key Bits- Up to 128-bit encryption
- RF Power- 17.5 dBm
These are the specifications of Linksys E1000 offers. Let us now see some key features that this device has to offer.
Linksys E1000 Features
- Easy to set up- You can easily set it up using Linksys E1000 Cisco connect CD easy manual setup.
- Wall-mounting placement- This Linksys router has four rubber feet to place it on a surface, you also have a wall-mounted placement option available.
- WPA2 security- WiFi protected access 2 enables encrypting data on your WiFi network.
- SPI firewall- Stateful packet inspection firewall helps to block unauthorized access to the router's WiFi.
- NAT technology- Network address translation technology enhances network protection by letting computers share internet access using only one public IP address.
- Easy to manage- E1000 router basic as well as advanced configuration settings are available using a browser-based utility.
Linksys E1000 Setup
Linksys router E1000 comes with a CD that has Linksys E1000 setup software in it using which you can easily set up your router. If you do not want to set up your router using the CD or this method failed, then you can use the manual method for this task. Instructions for Cisco Linksys E1000 setup without CD are highlighted below:
Linksys E1000 Setup Manual Method
- Take the AC power adapter and plug one end into the power port of Linksys router and the other one into the power socket.
- Turn on the power switch.
- Observe the LEDs as they begin flickering. Let them become stable.
- Use an Ethernet cable now and connect the router to the modem.
- Now grab your computer (or laptop) and turn it on.
- Let it access the home WiFi.
- Open an internet browser on it.
- In the URL bar of the browser, input the default IP address or web address carefully.
- Push the Enter key on the keyboard.
- The Linksys router web-based GUI setup page will be displayed.
- You will be prompted to enter the login credentials.
- Enter the default username and password into the required fields. You can refer to the user manual to know these details.
- Click on Login or Ok.
- Linksys router setup page will display.
- You will see a few on-screen prompts that you need to answer to get through the E1000 setup process.
Linksys E1000 Setup Done! What Next?
Now that you are done with setting up your Linksys E1000, there are a few things that you can do now.
1. Relocate the Linksys router - During the setup process, you need to place the router near the modem. After the installation is done, you can move the router to a new place in the home. An open and higher place that is away from any device or appliance that radiates EM waves is the best place for the router.
2. Change the Linksys E1000 default password - Leaving the default password as it is renders your WiFi vulnerable to WiFi threats. Thus we suggest you change the Linksys E1000 login password to a strong password.
3. Update firmware - Access the Linksys router login page and update the firmware of the Linksys router to the latest version. This will help you get the most out of your device.
If you are wondering how to update the firmware on your Linksys router, then getting in touch with our expert team will be helpful. If you want to know how to access the Linksys E1000 login page, then read the next section.
Linksys E1000 Login Process
- Power up your router first.
- Next power up your PC and access the home WiFi.
- Load an internet browser on it.
- Move the cursor to the URL bar of the browser.
- Type myrouter.local or the default IP address.
- Hit Enter.
- Linksys router login window will be displayed.
- When you are prompted to enter the login details, enter the username and password. If you have changed the default credentials, then use the changed ones.
- Click on the Login button.
You are now accessing the Linksys router E1000 login page.
Troubleshooting Linksys E1000 Setup & Login Issues
Many users face issues while setting up or logging into the Linksys router. We have provided you with some troubleshooting hacks that will help you bring an end to these issues and get through the task at hand.
- Check that there is a stable internet connection.
- Verify the Ethernet cable. It should not be broken or worn out. It should be inserted into the correct ports on the devices.
- The power supply to the router should be adequate.
- The OS of the PC should be updated.
- Use an updated web browser to access the Linksys web-based utility.
- Get the browser clear of cache and junk files.
- Type the login web address or IP address without any errors.
- Input the login credentials without mistakes.
This is all about how you can set up the Linksys E1000 router and how you can access the login page of the router. You also know how to fix any issues during setup or login processes. If you get stuck anywhere while setup or login, contact the technical team for support.